Carmel Catholic High School offers a challenging core curriculum that stimulates students to question, evaluate, discover, and create. Students are challenged to think critically and creatively. Carmel believes learning requires a disciplined atmosphere that fosters both personal freedom and responsibility for one’s decisions.
Academic Excellence - We Help Every Student Reach Higher
Carmel Catholic encourages independent thinking and respect for self and others. Students encounter a broad variety of learning experiences that blends the traditional and the innovative and these experiences foster every student’s ability to shape the world through his or her vision.
We provide a college preparatory curriculum and students receive a well-rounded education comprised of required and elective courses in religious studies, the fine arts, world language, mathematics, science, social studies, physical education, business education and an English curriculum emphasizing literature, grammar, and writing. Each aspect of Carmel Catholic High School’s academic program is geared to stimulate excellence in the pursuit of learning for all students. We strive to instill principles of hard work, self-discipline and academic excellence while providing the necessary help for the student who struggles.
Philosophy of Education
Education consists of the formal and informal processes through which an individual acquires knowledge, understanding, and wisdom. Education, both general and specific, occurs intentionally and unintentionally. Through direct and indirect educational experiences the quality of an individual’s life is affected continuously from birth to death. Education encompasses all facets of the human condition: aesthetic, cultural, ethical, intellectual, physical, and spiritual. The agents of education include parents, peers, society, and teachers.
The Catholic Faith
The Catholic Church is founded on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as revealed through scripture and tradition. The Church provides the structure which enables its individual members to understand their roles in God’s plan of creation, redemption, and salvation. Commitment is expressed through personal prayer, celebration of the sacraments in liturgical worship, individual relationships, and service to others.
Carmel Catholic High School Fosters Educational Excellence
Carmel Catholic High School’s education philosophy is based on an understanding of education and on the principles of Catholic tradition. Carmel Catholic is a four-year, college preparatory high school. The school provides an educational environment that fosters academic excellence, Christian ethics, respect for self and others, and the development of a community spirit. Through the message of the Gospel and in the light of faith, the educational process brings together students, faculty, staff, administration, and parents.
- To build Christian community by fostering mutual respect and personal growth.
- To heighten an awareness in each person of the baptismal call to serve others in the life and mission of the Church.
- To assist students in their quest for an appreciation of their identity, their self-worth, and their gifts as Christian men and women.
- To build a strong foundation for a life-long pursuit of wisdom and knowledge.
- To foster the students’ understanding of their relationship with the past, and to encourage them to make decisions which will affect positively the present and future.
- To emphasize academic excellence and personal growth by providing opportunities for study and performance at levels which are personally challenging.
- To prepare students for admission into a college or university commensurate with their level of achievement and motivation.